Patersonrose Rugs are made from superior quality acrylic yarn, selected because of its quality soft, plush feel. They have a strong cotton backing & are very durable.
For a more durable hard-wearing rug, we suggest selecting one of our short-pile rugs. For a more plush, decorative rug adding cosy-ness and colour, our shaggy rugs are a must.
Acrylic is a fine, soft and luxurious fabric used in many rugs to give striking colours as well as good stain resistance. Acrylic fabric is a man-made fibre which gives the appearance and feel if wool. It dyes well, taking color beautifully. The fabric breathes, it absorbs and releases moisture quickly. Crucially for rugs Acrylic resists moths, oil and chemicals, and also sunlight degradation.
Acrylic yarn is the closest to wool, in appearance and feel, of any synthetic and is less likely to fade in bright sunlight & requires less specialist care than a woolen rug or carpet. When new, it may “shed” some fibre for a time. Vacuum regularly as you would a woolen carpet. The brighter the colour of the rug, the more evident the shedding may appear. Please do not be tempted to pull the loose threads; please either vacuum or trim to pile height with scissors. This is the nature of acrylic and will settle in time.
Characteristics of Acrylic
- It is lightweight, soft, and warm.
- It has excellent colour fastness.
- It absorbs and releases moisture quickly, thus allowing the fabric to “breathe”.
- It is resilient, retains its shape, and resists shrinkage and wrinkles.
- It has flexible aesthetics for wool-like, cotton-like or blended appearance.
- It is resistant to moths, oil and chemicals, and sunlight degradation.
Vacuum on a regular basis – most soiling can be removed simply with a vacuum cleaner.
- Vacuum stained area thoroughly.
- For spots, always try plain water first.
- If this doesn’t work, you can add a couple of drops of NON-bleaching laundry detergent to the water. Then ensure you rinse it out thoroughly with plain water.
- This rug can be cleaned like any other. The only thing you have to be careful of is not to leave any soap residue in the carpet. Whatever you use, make sure it is rinsed completely from the rug, because these rugs will attract dirt very easily if any soap is left in them.
- Blot (do not RUB) area thoroughly. Absorb remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels or a white cloth weighted down.
Some stubborn stains won’t come out even with your best efforts. Because acrylic carpeting dries so quickly, deep cleaning is a perfect choice for this type of flooring. In such cases you may have to use a carpet deep cleaning machine; buy or rent, or call a professional carpet cleaner. They will have special tools that help them remove difficult stains.
Although acrylic carpet dries quickly, it is important to give it enough time to dry completely before using it again. To help speed the drying process, open windows and set up fans.
Regular maintenance extends the life and the appearance of your rug.