( Continuing on from our article Part 1, last month … )
Exciting! The magical time is nearing for Baby to arrive & you are getting nesty, wanting the room all prepared for you little ones arrival home. By now, you may have set your nursery budget, possibly found out what sex your baby is & chosen wall colours, you probably bought Girl Clothes already.
- Tip : A baby won’t need a pillow – they need to lie flat. But an empty pillowcase under Baby’s head is a good option for catching Baby’s spills & are much easier to wash than changing the whole bed every time Baby dribbles.
- You may not have decided if you will sleep your baby in a sleep sack yet, so we recommend purchasing a few cot fitted sheets, rather than full sheet sets, to begin with. Don’t forget, baby can mess sheeting at anytime of day & night so having spare sheeting can reduce stress in the middle of the night.
- Don’t go overboard with theme as your newborn baby’s becomes a toddler very quickly & theme preferences change just as quickly. Bring in theme with cost effective items that are affordable & easy to change – ie a bunting, wall decal ( we love lots of the kids decals from The Vinyl Room) & wall art & cushions.
- Select your key pieces of furniture (check the Club Furniture for leather pieces). There are great options for drawers, a bed-sider & storage units from Kidzspace, Auckland & the metal beds from Incy Interiors.
- Once you have the key elements installed, pause. Stand & look at the room. Does it need a rug to add some softness or colour? Or a canvas for the wall to break the space or create & add theme? Is there somewhere for you to sit to feed baby at night? Is there a softer night light & somewhere to dispose of dirty nappies?
- Complete these last few tasks & voila! You have a divine special room for your new wee person.
Now enjoy some sleep & rest before baby comes & all the new delights of a newborn & new life begins.